The fitness revolution is showing people the truth about exercise: that gimmicks are garbage and hard work pays off, and thus, we are growing. When customers have problems or need a more in-depth understanding of our niche products, they contact us, and our goal is to help them as quickly and awesomely as possible.
We’re looking for our first ever non-contractor hire, a sales and support/right-hand man (or woman).
This role is part-time with a minimum of 10 hours a week and a mix of remote and 2 or 3 days a week of on-site work.
The position works directly with the owner (Kaevon) and our on-site friend, Mike, who also has an e-commerce fitness business and operates out of the same warehouse.
Here’s what a typical day might include:
- Going to our warehouse in the industrial SE 2 or 3 days a week so people in the area can come in, check out our gear and ask you any pressing questions they may have. With your charisma and knowledge, you’ll woo them into a sale, taking payment for the gym of their dreams and helping them load it into their car.
- On days you’re not at the warehouse you’ll work from home answering questions by email like “which power rack do you recommend for my budget and training?” or “My bench is missing a pin, how can I get a new one?” or even “I own a gym, do you guys give discounts?”.
- Going onto our inventory management system and approving shipments to be sent out across the country from our Vancouver location as well as specifying what kind of shipping the order requires. Or you might even hop on our Amazon account and ship it from there instead.
- When at the warehouse, receiving in pallets from Vancouver and putting them away into racking and even making Canada post labels and shipping product.
- Slow day at the warehouse? Hop on the phone and call some gyms across Canada and set them up with an account, write a blog post or even come up with an excellent project to implement on your own.
- Other things you may be asked to do:
- Listing products on Amazon and our website
- Creating product videos and taking pictures (equipment provided)
- Do deliveries and installations of equipment using the company truck
- Work events or trade shows
- On-site customer visits in and around Calgary
- The ability to work independently as you will be 95% unsupervised
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Currently training or competing in 1 of the following styles: Powerlifting, CrossFit, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, any other sport specific training using the methods above and able to deadlift at least 200lbs as we have boxes that are that heavy.
- Web savvy as you will be working directly with WordPress and other online software
- A passion for fitness and working directly with customers
- A workspace conducive to answering phone calls as well as high-speed internet and a reliable laptop
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Stellar English and grammar skills
You might also have:
- A background in sales or working in a gym
- Know how to drive a forklift
Who We Are:
Bells of Steel started in 2010, we are a Canadian fitness equipment company selling home and commercial grade free weight and some cardio equipment in Canada and a bit in the US. Our products allow people to get bigger, stronger, faster with high-value products at awesome prices.
What We Value:
The entrepreneurial spirit: even though you will be employed we love big ideas and creative solutions to allow us to deliver awesome solutions to our customers and compete with company’s with ten times our budget.
Helping people: egos are checked at the door and empathy is required for those just starting out, to those on an Olympic journey.
Why You Should Join:
At Bells of Steel, I want you to work with me, not for me and continually strive to make things bigger and better and that includes self-growth. You will learn what it takes to run a business, and if in 2 or 3 years you want to start your own, you will have learned what is needed to do that.
Bells of Steel is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship or any other differences. As long as you have a love for the iron and can get er done!
Pay is $13 an hour with excellent commissions and delivery/installation incentives.
Please email email@example.com with your resume (including a link to your LinkedIn or Facebook profile) and cover letter, or even better than a cover letter, a link to a youtube video with you telling me why you’d be an awesome fit.